Abuela’s Carne Con Chile
As simple as this recipe might seem, it was tasty enough to be featured in the Food section of The New York Times. If you would like to taste test it for yourself, you can find my Abuela’s recipe below.
2 pounds of Beef Sirloin Tip Steak
2 chiles California
5-8 chiles Japones
1 garlic clove
lard or cooking oil
salt to taste
- Slightly roast chiles.
- Boil tomatoes until soft.
- Once tomatoes are done, blend with chiles, garlic, salt, 1/2 cup of water and set aside.
- Cut meat into cubes.
- Place meat in a pan with 1/3 cup of water, and salt on medium heat.
- Once the water has evaporated, add a tbsp of lard to the meat and continue cooking until it has melted.
- Add chile sauce, lower heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt.