Disclosure: Post sponsored by Mirum Shopper but all opinions are my own.
The holidays are definitely about gathering with family and friends. I love to throw on some festive music and of course gather around the table to eat. One of my favorite things to make around this time is pozole! Who doesn’t love a good bowl of pozole?
I have always loved my Tia Mela’s pozole and I would wait for the day she would invite us over to feast on this delicious dish (usually at Christmas or New Year’s Eve). But now with all the practice I’ve had in the kitchen, I can whoop up my own pot of pozole any time I want. It’s so easy especially with #NorthgateMarket having all the items I need to make this happen. My secret twist to this dish is adding Knorr Bouillon because it gives it an authentic flavor my family loves. And right now when you purchase Knorr Bouillon, you can get Guerrero Riquísimas flour tortillas for free.
So if you are looking for a super easy recipe, you have come to the right place! Make sure to let me know how you’ll customize this great soup recipe for your family and search for inspiration with #KnorrCelebrations!
Store locator: http://www.northgatemarkets.com/our-stores/
Cook time: 3-4 hours
Serves: 8-10 people
Ingredients For Stew
- 4 lbs. pork butt or shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (29 oz.) hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion (cut in half)
- 11 chiles california
- 2 cubes Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube(s)
- Fill half of a large pot with water.
- Add pork, onion, 2 garlic cloves, bay leaves, cumin, salt and bouillons.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and let it took for 2-3 hours or until meat is nice and tender.
- While the meat is cooking, boil the chiles until soft.
- Puree chiles, 1 garlic and salt to taste.
- After meat is almost done, add chile sauce to the pot and let it come to a boil again.
- Add 3/4 of the can of hominy.
- Puree the left over hominy with a little bit of water and add to the stew. (Abuela taught me this step but it’s optional).
- Taste for salt.
- Let it all simmer together for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with all the trimmings.