Birria De Res
6-8 lbs of Beef Boneless Clod Roast or Chuck Roast
5 chiles Anchos
6 chiles California
6 chiles Guajillos
1/4 c of apple cider vinegar
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
12 black peppers whole
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp thyme
3/4 tsp ground ginger
2-3 garlic cloves
5 bay leaves
3 beef bouillons
salt to taste
- Cut large pieces of beef roast into smaller sizes to cut down cooking time.
- Remove seeds and veins from the chiles. Add the chiles to a medium pot with water and heat until soft.
- Blend chiles with 1 onion, garlic, sesame seeds, black peppers, oregano, cumin, thyme, ground ginger, salt and all spice with enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Place beef roast in a sow cooker or instant pot with 1 cup of water.
- Add chile sauce over the beed (strain if desired).
- Cook on medium heat for 6 hours in a slower cooker or 1 hour in an instant pot on high pressure.
- Once the birria is done, you can remove the fat if you like.
- Serve in tacos or a small bowl.
- Top with cilantor, onion and dash of lime.
- Recipe great for quesabirrias.