Sponsored by Lunchbox. Opinions are my own.
Earlier this week I had a chance to visit Northgate Market in West Covina for a cooking class with Chef Martin Guerrero. Since the store was an hour away from me, I decided to take mi amiga, Mayra for the ride, company and well… we just love food! We were excited about learning new things, but most importantly about eating! Peeling a Chile Relleno by scraping the skin with a plastic spoon was a real “Aha!” moment for us. We also learned how to make a quick “Capirotada.” At the end of our class, we received a certificate naming us “Chiles Rellenos and Capirotada Experts”! Ya nos podremos casar! So if you want to learn how to make Chiles Rellenos, receive a free apron and a cookbook, visit a Northgate store near you! Sign up online and join in on the fun! Northgatemarkets.com/Cuaresma. We had such a great time hanging out, tasting food and meeting new people. All the employees were super nice and friendly.
We were so pumped that we decided we would cook something up! Well, I would cook, Mayra would eat. LOL Since we were already at the market, we grabbed a few items and were on our way. Many of you have been asking for Lent dishes so I will be making a delicious dish with one of my favorite ingredients, Knorr bouillon cubes. Knorr adds that authentic Latin flavor to our Lent dishes. There are so many flavors to chose from. If you have never used Knorr bouillon cubes, you should give them a try!
The next day, I hit the kitchen to make Pescado Primavera. Below is the recipe. Make sure you tag me and hashtag #KnorrCelebrations if you make this delicious recipe.
· 1 1/3 cups whole almonds, peeled
· 2 tablespoons Spread Country Crock®
· 4 fillets of cod (about 2 lbs.)
· 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoons of tomato broth Knorr Chicken flavor
· 4 cups water
· 3/4 cup Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise or Best Foods®
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, sliced (optional)
· 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
1. Finely grind the almonds in a blender or food processor.
2. Season fish with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
3. Melt Country Crock® Spread in a nonstick 12-inch skillet over high medium heat and cold fish, turning once, until almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Fry onion and garlic in the same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for two minutes.
5. Mix water and Knorr Chicken flavor in a bowl or sauce pan.
5. Add the tomato broth Knorr Chicken flavored water, mayonnaise, lemon juice and ground almonds to the onion and garlic. Lower the fire to medium heat and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Return the fish to the pan and cook until fish flakes with a fork, about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with rice. Garnish with red pepper and parsley.
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Prueba el sabor de Knorr at Northgate this Lent!
Little side note for you guys: Buy one Northgate private label cooking oil and get a free package of Knorr bouillon cubes (one 3.1 oz package, 8 cubes total)! Can’t beat that!
Picutres Credit: Mayra Ariza https://www.facebook.com/mayrarizaphoto/?fref=ts