The following recipe is for 5-7 people.
- 3 1/2 Lbs. of Pork Meat (Shoulder Blade) or you can use riblets.
- 1 Lbs. of Tomatillo
- 3 Chile Serrano (1 more to make it spicy.)
- 1 Garlic Clove
1. Peel the tomatillo along with the Serrano Chile and boil for approximately 30 minutes or until the tomatillo almost falls apart. (Cook well or it will come out sour.)
2. Chop pork meat into 2″ chunks cutting the fat off and wash it.
3. In a pot, cook pork meat in enough water to cover the meat.
4. Add salt to meat (personal preference).
5. Once the water dries up, add some lard or cooking oil to brown the meat to personal preference.
6. In a blender add chile, tomatillo and garlic.
7. Add chile mix to the meat.
8. Add enough water to have some broth.
9. Allow meat and chile mix to boil for 5-10 minutes.
Video on this dish: