Abuela makes this dish every Thanksgiving. It’s gone before we can blink.
1-2 Boxes of Regular Saltine Crackers
1-2 Large Can of Jalapeños
1 Medium Can of Mixed Veggies
2 Lbs of Longaniza
- Mash crackers into crumbs.
- Slice up the tomato and onion.
- Slice your Longaniza into pieces.
- Heat up a large pot with Manteca.
- Add Longaniza to the pot and fry it.
- Once Longaniza is fried, add tomato, onion and cook together.
- Drain out half the water from the veggie cans, then pour veggie can into pot and let it come to a boil.
- After it’s cooked for about 3-4 minutes, start adding cracker crumbs into pot a little at a time and mix as you add it.
- Once it’s as thick as you want it, add the jalapeño juice. (If you want it to be spicier, add more than a can.)
- Mix well. YOU ARE DONE!!!
Recipe is enough for 8-10 people.
Link to Chorizo Stuffing video for more details.