Chicken Tinga Quesadillas With Chipotle Dressing
“This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by La Morena.”
If you are like me, I am always asking my family “what do you want for dinner?” The typical response is “I don’t knooooow!” It’s a challenge to keep meals interesting, and at the same time, plan a meal that we can enjoy together. To make things easier, I have been taking simple family favorites and giving them a little upgrade.
So I gathered a few ingredients: Chicken, Chipotle Peppers, Cheese, Tortillas, AND Chicken Tinga Quesadillas were born! The blend of spices and the “earthy” taste of the chipotle peppers was a hit! My kids absolutely loved them, and I know your family will too!
Ingredients for Chicken Tinga Quesadillas
4 lbs of chicken
1- 1 /2 onion
3 garlic cloves
1 can of La Morena Chipotle Pepper
1 cup of water
1 tsp oregano
2 Bay leaves
Monterrey cheese or Mexican blend cheese
Ingredients for Chipotle Sauce
¾ cup of sour cream
¼ cup of mayonnaise
1 tsp of lime juice
Salt to liking
3 tablespoons of La Morena Chipotle Sauce
- In a large pot, cook chicken with ½ an onion, 1 garlic clove, and salt.
- Shred chicken one it has cooled down.
- Roast tomatoes and garlic cloves.
- Blend tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, 2-3 chipotle peppers with 1 cup of water. (Add some of the chipotle adobo sauce.)
- Set sauce aside for later use.
- In a large pan, fry 1 medium onion.
- Add oregano and bay leaves and continue frying until the onion is translucent.
- Add shredded chicken.
- Add chile sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Directions for Chipotle Dressing
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and salt.
- Preheat griddle or pan on medium low heat.
- Place the tortilla on the griddle and add 2 tablespoons of chicken and a handful of cheese over the tortillas.
- Place a second tortilla on top.
- Flip carefully with a spatula once the bottom tortilla is crispy and golden and repeat with the other side.
- Remove from the griddle and drizzle with chipotle sauce, cotija cheese.
- Serve with some pico de gallo and some lime slices.
For video of our Tinga de res, click video below: